Avon Free Public Library is a Wi-Fi Hot
free wireless Internet access with your own laptop, tablet, or phone just about anywhere in the building, and
even outside on the patio and in the parking lot.
Log in to Wi-Fi:
- Choose the Wi-Fi connection, "Avon Public Wireless"
- Open an internet browser and go to the address, 192.168.11.1
- Sign in with your library card number. If you don't have your library card, you can get a guest pass from any of the Library service desks.
- Available from Windows and Mac computers, iOS and Android devices.
- The printer is located in the computer area on the first floor.
- Color printing is not available at this time, but you can save your file and print it out at a public workstation.
Install the Wi-Fi printer:
- Go to the WiFi login page, 192.168.11.1. Make sure that you are signed in.
- Find the appropriate installer for your computer and click "Download"
- Open the file. This will run a script to install the printer called "WirelessPrt" on your computer.
- It takes a minute to download and install the printer driver. When it is done, the printer should be listed in your printer settings.
Print from Wi-Fi:
- Make sure that the printer "WirelessPrt" is already installed and that you are logged into the Wi-Fi. (See above)
- Print your document, selecting "WirelessPrt" as the printer.
- Go to the Mac and Wireless Print Station in the computer area on the first floor of the library and log in the same way that you logged into the WiFi.
- You should see a list of documents that you have sent to the printer. Select the document to print. Printing is $.15 per page. If you need to add money to your account, you can go to one of the Library service desks.
wireless devices will connect automatically to the wireless network, but
if you have any questions about changing settings, ask for help
at the Reference Desk, or call Reference at 673-9712.