Calling all artists! Avon Free Public Library is holding an art contest to design new library cards. Four winners will be selected, one for each from the following groups:
- elementary school
- middle school
- high school
- adults (age 18 and older)
Each winner will receive a prize of a $50 gift card and runners up will receive $25 gift cards. Winning artwork (to be announced on the Library website on about March 1) will be used on new library cards, and Library patrons will then have a choice of any winner for their library card. Download a template of our library card to get started with your design.
Winners will be chosen by a Library committee. Judges will know only the category of the submitter and no other information. Library employees and their family members may not enter the contest.
- Only Avon residents with an Avon Free Public Library card may participate in this contest.
- Participants may submit up to two entries.
- Entries must be submitted between January 17 and February 17, 2022.
- Artwork must be in color, original, and not published elsewhere. Any submission that includes copyrighted materials will be disqualified.
- Participants must be willing to grant copyright permission to Avon Free Public Library and to consent that submissions may be displayed and/or reproduced without limitation and without compensation. Art work may be cropped or changed in color.
- Submissions may be in any art medium (illustration, colored pencil, crayon, pen, paint, photography, graphic design, etc). Each design must be scanned and have a resolution of 300 dpi or higher and be one of the following formats: .jpeg, .ai, .tiff, .eps, .psd, or .pdf.
- Scanned artwork must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment with the contest application. Please note that each application must include a signed release form.
- Finalists will be required to submit the actual art work for viewing by the judges before winners are chosen.
- Please call the Library at 860-673-9712 or email email@example.com if you have any questions or need assistance submitting artwork.