- This event has passed.
Volunteer to make Fall & Halloween themed cards for senior citizens!
Tuesday August 10 2021 - Friday October 29 2021
The Avon Library and the Avon Youth Services Bureau will provide card making supplies for you to make cards for the senior citizens of Avon to bring them cheer and hope.
We are partnering with the Avon Youth Services Board to distribute them to the Avon Senior Citizen Center, assisted living facilities, and local oncology centers.
The two theme choices this session of card making are: FALL & Halloween.
Please use your creativity and your words to spread some cheer for senior citizens. Send messages of support and encouragement.
Who can make cards? The volunteer card making program is open to children, teens, adults, and families.
- Sign up is open until Tues. 9/7 (or while supplies last).
- Registration is required.
- Bags will be available for pickup behind the 2nd floor Kid’s Desk.* Masks are required for everyone over the age of 2 inside all floors of the Avon Library building*.
- We ask that all cards are returned by Fri. 10/8.
- Return your cards in a bag with your name on it to the front entrance of the library.
- SEE below for what comes in a FALL bag vs what comes in a HALLOWEEN bag.
- If you choose the “NO stickers” option, you will just receive colored cardstock. You’re welcome to use your own supplies.
What do you have to do?:
1. Sign up and come into the 2nd Floor Children’s Room to get a bag of card supplies with your name on it.
2. Make cards, be creative, write cheerful and kind messages!
3. Drop the cards off in the collection boxes, inside the front entrance of the library building by 4:45 PM Fri. 10/8.
Thank you for sharing your creativity and kindness to others!