- This event has passed.
Volunteer to make Valentine’s themed cards for senior citizens!
Tuesday December 28 2021 at 10:00 am - Wednesday January 12 2022 at 5:00 pm
The Avon Library and the Avon Youth Services Bureau will provide card making supplies for you to make cards for the senior citizens of Avon to bring them cheer and hope.
We are partnering with the Avon Youth Services Board to distribute them to the Avon Senior Citizen Center, assisted living facilities, and local oncology centers.
The theme for this session of card making is: Valentine’s Day.
Please use your creativity and your words to spread some cheer for senior citizens. Send messages of support and encouragement.
Who can make cards? The volunteer card making program is open to children, teens, adults, and families.
- Begins on Tues. 12/28/21 at 10 am.
- Closes on Wed. 1/12/22 at 5 pm (or while supplies last).
- Registration is required.
- Bags will be available for pickup behind the 2nd floor Kid’s Desk.
- Pickup begins Wed. 12/29/21 at 12 pm. Choose your pick up date in the registration form.
- **Masks are required for everyone over the age of 2 inside all floors of the Avon Library building**
- Supplies must be picked up by Wed. 1/19/21 by 6 pm.
- We ask that cards are returned by Sat 1/29/22 by 4:45 pm.
- Return your cards in a bag with your name on it to the front entrance of the library.
SEE below for what comes in a bag:
You may choose to pick up stickers when you come in for your bag (each bag is different)!
What do you have to do?:
1. Register and choose a pick up day.
2. Come to the 2nd Floor Children’s Room for your supplies on your pick up day.
3. Make cards, be creative, write cheerful and kind messages!
4. Drop the cards off in the collection boxes, inside the front entrance of the library building by Sat 1/29/22 by 4:45 pm at the latest.
Thank you for sharing your creativity and kindness to others!