- This event has passed.
Volunteer to make Fall & Halloween cards for senior citizens!
Wednesday September 7 at 10:00 am - Thursday September 22 at 4:45 pm
A fun volunteer opportunity!
The Avon Library and the Avon Youth Services Bureau will provide card making supplies for you to make cards for the senior citizens of Avon to bring them cheer and hope.
We are partnering with the Avon Youth Services Board to distribute them to the Avon Senior Citizen Center, assisted living facilities, and local oncology centers.
The theme for this session of card making is: Fall & Halloween!
Please use your creativity and your words to spread some cheer for senior citizens. Send messages of support and encouragement.
Who can make cards? The volunteer card making program is open to children, teens, adults, and families.
- Begins on Wednesday, September 7th at 10 am.
- Closes on Thursday, September 22nd at 5 pm (or while supplies last).
- Registration is required.
- Bags will be available for pickup behind the 2nd floor Kid’s Desk.
- Pickup begins Thursday, September 8th at 10am. Choose your pick up date in the registration form.
- Supplies must be picked up by Saturday, September 24th by 4:45 pm.
- We ask that cards are returned by Thursday, September 29th by 8:15 pm.
- Return your cards in a bag with your name on it to the front entrance of the library.
SEE below for what comes in a bag:
You may choose to pick up Fall and/or Halloween stickers when you come in for your bag (each bag is different)!
What do you have to do?:
1. Register and choose a pick up day.
2. Come to the 2nd Floor Children’s Room for your supplies on your pick up day.
3. Make cards, be creative, write cheerful and kind messages!
4. Drop the cards off in the collection boxes, inside the front entrance of the library building by Thursday, September 29th by 8:15 pm at the latest.
Thank you for sharing your creativity and kindness to others!