Volunteer to make Summer cards for senior citizens!
Thursday, June 30 at 10:00 am - Thursday, July 14 at 5:00 pm
A fun volunteer opportunity!
The Avon Library and the Avon Youth Services Bureau will provide card making supplies for you to make cards for the senior citizens of Avon to bring them cheer and hope.
We are partnering with the Avon Youth Services Board to distribute them to the Avon Senior Citizen Center, assisted living facilities, and local oncology centers.
The theme for this session of card making is: Summer & Cheerful Messages! (We won’t deliver the cards until after the Fourth of July, so no holiday cards please).
Please use your creativity and your words to spread some cheer for senior citizens. Send messages of support and encouragement.
Who can make cards? The volunteer card making program is open to children, teens, adults, and families.
- Begins on Thursday, June 30th at 10 am.
- Closes on Thursday, July 14th at 5 pm (or while supplies last).
- Registration is required.
- Bags will be available for pickup behind the 2nd floor Kid’s Desk.
- Pickup begins Friday, July 1st at 10am. Choose your pick up date in the registration form.
- Supplies must be picked up by Friday, July 15th by 4:45 pm.
- We ask that cards are returned by Thursday, July 28th by 8:15 pm.
- Return your cards in a bag with your name on it to the front entrance of the library.
SEE below for what comes in a bag:
You may choose to pick up stickers when you come in for your bag (each bag is different)!
What do you have to do?:
1. Register and choose a pick up day.
2. Come to the 2nd Floor Children’s Room for your supplies on your pick up day.
3. Make cards, be creative, write cheerful and kind messages!
4. Drop the cards off in the collection boxes, inside the front entrance of the library building by Thursday, July 28th by 8:15 pm at the latest.
Thank you for sharing your creativity and kindness to others!