- This event has passed.
Volunteer to make Winter and Holiday themed cards for senior citizens!
Friday, October 29, 2021 at 11:30 am - Friday, November 19, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Sign up has ended for this program.
The Avon Library and the Avon Youth Services Bureau will provide card making supplies for you to make cards for the senior citizens of Avon to bring them cheer and hope.
We are partnering with the Avon Youth Services Board to distribute them to the Avon Senior Citizen Center, assisted living facilities, and local oncology centers.
The three theme choices this session of card making are: Winter, Christmas, or Hanukkah.
Please use your creativity and your words to spread some cheer for senior citizens. Send messages of support and encouragement.
Who can make cards? The volunteer card making program is open to children, teens, adults, and families.
- Sign up is open until Fri. 11/19 (or while supplies last).
- Registration is required.
- Bags will be available for pickup behind the 2nd floor Kid’s Desk.* Masks are required for everyone over the age of 2 inside all floors of the Avon Library building*.
- We ask that Hanukkah cards are returned ASAP or by Mon. 11/22.
- We ask that Winter & Christmas cards are returned by Thurs. 12/9.
- Return your cards in a bag with your name on it to the front entrance of the library.
- SEE below for what comes in a Winter bag vs Christmas bag vs Hanukkah bag:
Holiday bag, Christmas bag, Hanukkah bag
What do you have to do?:
1. Sign up and choose the day you want to pick up your bag of card supplies (you can pick multiple theme bags).
2. Come into the 2nd Floor Children’s Room to get a bag of card supplies with your name on it.
3. Make cards, be creative, write cheerful and kind messages!
4. Drop the cards off in the collection boxes, inside the front entrance of the library building by Thurs. 12/9 at the latest (please return Hanukkah cards by Mon. 11/22 because the holiday starts on 11/28).
Thank you for sharing your creativity and kindness to others!