- This event has passed.
Volunteer to make Winter & Holiday cards for senior citizens!
Wednesday, November 9, 2022 at 10:00 am - Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 1:00 pm
**Registration is now closed, as of 11/21 at 8:15pm.**
A fun volunteer opportunity!
The Avon Library and the Avon Youth Services Bureau will provide card making supplies for you to make cards for the senior citizens of Avon to bring them cheer and hope.
We are partnering with the Avon Youth Services Board to distribute them to the Avon Senior Citizen Center, assisted living facilities, and local oncology centers.
The themes for this session of card making are: Winter, Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa!
Please use your creativity and your words to spread some cheer for senior citizens. Send messages of support and encouragement.
Who can make cards? The volunteer card making program is open to children, teens, adults, and families.
- Begins on Wednesday, November 9th at 10 am.
- **Registration is now closed, as of 11/21 at 8:15pm.** Closes on Tuesday, November 22nd at 8:15 pm (or while supplies last).
- Registration is required.
- Bags will be available for pickup behind the 2nd floor Kid’s Desk.
- Pickup begins Thursday, November 10th at 10am. Choose your pick up date in the registration form.
- Supplies must be picked up by Wednesday, November 23rd by 4:45 pm.
- We ask that cards are returned by Monday, December 5th by 8:15 pm.
- Return your cards in a bag with your name on it to the front entrance of the library.
SEE below for what comes in a bag:
Winter and/or Hanukkah Option
Christmas and/or Kwanzaa Option
You may choose to pick up one bag of stickers per bag of card making supplies.
We will have Winter, Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa stickers available. Supplies are limited and are first come first pick. Choose an early pick up date for the best selection!
Hanukkah and Winter Stickers
Kwanzaa and Christmas Stickers
You may choose to pick up one silver paint pen per bag of card making supplies.
Supplies are limited. If you’re interested in a silver paint pen, we recommend choosing an early pick up date!
What do you have to do?:
1. Register, choose the type and number of cards you’d like to make. Choose a pick up day.
2. Come to the 2nd Floor Children’s Room for your supplies on your pick up day.
3. Make cards, be creative, write cheerful and kind messages!
4. Drop the cards off in the collection boxes, inside the front entrance of the library building by Thursday, September 29th by 8:15 pm at the latest.
Thank you for sharing your creativity and kindness to others!