Nutmeg Narwhals Book Club
Tuesday, February 27 at 4:30 pm - 5:45 pm
February’s book is… The Elephants Come Home by Kim Tomsic & Hadley Hooper, a nominee of the 2024 Nutmeg Book Award.
This book discussion is for children in grades 2-3. Nutmeg Narwhals is a book club that meets approximately once a month where we discuss elementary Nutmeg nominees!
At each meeting we discuss the book and engage in an activity related to the book.
When: Tuesday, February 27, 4:30 – 5:45 pm
Where: In person at the library, 2nd Floor Storytime Room
Who: For children in grades 2-3.
Tuesday, February 13: Registration begins and library copies of books will be available for pick-up.
We ask that you come in to pick up your book within 5 days of registration.
How do I participate in book club?
- Sign up for this event online. Registration opens on Tuesday, Feb. 13 when books become available.
- Pick up the book from the 2nd Floor Kid’s Desk. Hours: Mon.-Thurs. 10 AM -8:30 PM, Fri. & Sat 10 AM -5 PM, or Sun 1-5pm
- Read the book and bring it to the meeting on Feb. 27. (Books can be returned to Avon Library after the group.)
- If you’re unable to attend the meeting for any reason, please let us know.
- If you already have a copy of the book and don’t need us to set one aside for you, please notify the library.
About The Elephants Come Home:
The book is based on a true story! One day in 1999, Lawrence Anthony and Françoise Malby hear that a herd of wild African elephants needs a new home. They welcome the elephants to their wildlife sanctuary—Thula Thula—with open arms. But the elephants are much less sure they want to stay. How will Lawrence prove to them that they are safe and loved? -Goodreads
This book club is generously sponsored by the Friends of the Avon Library.