Volunteer to make Birthday Cards for senior citizens!
Thursday March 2 at 10:15 am - Thursday March 30 at 8:15 pm
A fun volunteer opportunity!
The Avon Library and the Avon Youth Services Bureau will provide card making supplies for you to make cards for the senior citizens of Avon to bring them cheer and hope.
We are partnering with the Avon Youth Services Board to distribute them to the Avon Senior Citizen Center, assisted living facilities, and local oncology centers.
The theme for this session of card making is: Birthday
Please use your creativity and your words to spread some cheer for senior citizens. Send messages of support and encouragement.
Who can make cards? The volunteer card making program is open to children, teens, adults, and families.
*New* Drop-in, in person for supplies! There will be NO online registration.
- Visit the library’s 2nd floor Kid’s Desk to pick up your supplies
- Bags will be available between Thursday, March 2nd @ 10:15 am and Thursday, March 30th @ 8:15 pm
- Bags will be available while supplies last!
- We ask that cards are returned by Saturday, April 15th by 4:45 pm.
- Return your cards in a bag with your name on it to the front entrance of the library.
SEE below for what comes in a bag:
Stickers will be included in each bag of supplies.
What do you have to do?:
1. Come to the 2nd Floor Children’s Room for your supplies during the pick up dates.
2. Make cards, be creative, write cheerful and kind messages!
3. Drop the cards off in the collection boxes, inside the front entrance of the library building by Saturday, April 15th by 4:45 pm at the latest.
Thank you for sharing your creativity and kindness to others!