- This event has passed.
Volunteer to make Hanukkah, Christmas or Winter cards for Senior Citizens! (*Update: All card bags have been claimed!*)
Thursday, November 9 at 10:00 am - Friday, December 1 at 5:00 pm
**Update: All card bags are gone! Thank you to all volunteers! **
A fun and creative volunteer opportunity!
The Avon Library and the Avon Youth Services Bureau will provide card-making supplies for you to make cards for the senior citizens of Avon to bring them cheer and hope.
We are partnering with the Avon Youth Services Board to distribute them to the Avon Senior Citizen Center, assisted living facilities, and local oncology centers.
The themes for this session of card making are: Hanukkah, Christmas and Winter!
Please use your creativity and your words to spread some cheer for senior citizens. Send messages of support and encouragement.
Who can make cards? The volunteer card making program is open to children, teens, adults, and families.
- Bags will be available for pickup near the 2nd floor Kid’s Desk, while supplies last!
- Pickup begins Thursday, Nov. 9th at 2pm.
- We ask that cards are returned by Friday, Dec. 1st by 4:45pm, to allow time for delivery before the holidays.
- Return your cards in a bag with your name on it to the front entrance of the library.
SEE below for what comes in a Hanukkah bag:
SEE below for what comes in a Christmas bag:
SEE below for what comes in a Winter bag:
*Please note that exact sticker varieties vary for each bag*
What do you have to do?:
1. Come to the 2nd Floor Children’s Room for your supplies starting Thursday, Nov. 9 (Card bags are available while supplies last)
2. Make cards, be creative, write cheerful and kind messages!
3. Drop the cards off in the collection boxes, inside the front entrance of the library building by Friday, Dec. 1 at 4:45pm at the latest.
Thank you for sharing your creativity and kindness to others!