Rooms are available for community groups and non-profit organizations.
Click here for more information.
The Room Use Application is available as a PDF or Word document.
Sponsored by the Friends of the Avon Libary
- Museum hours vary. Please contact museum for specific hours
- Passes are first-come, first-served
- Passes are checked out for two nights. Some passes are valid only on a specific day such as Saturday or Sunday
- One pass per household may be checked out at a time
- Passes are for admission only. No discounts or special privileges are included
- Some passes are not valid during Museum special events
- Passes must be returned to the Avon Free Public Library
- American Clock & Watch Museum, Bristol
Pass provides admission for 2 Adults and 3 Children
- Beardsley Zoo, Bridgeport
Provides a discounted $5 admission for up to 6 guests
- Children’s Museum, West Hartford & Roaring Brook Nature Center, Canton Combo Pass
One free touring admission with every paid admission – maximum of 4 free admissions per day per pass
- Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art, Amherst
Free admission for up to 2 adults and 4 children
- Florence Griswold Museum, Old Lyme
Free admission for 2 adults and 2 children
- Harriet Beecher Stowe Center, Hartford
Free admission for 2 guests
- Hill-stead Museum, Farmington
Free admission for 1 adult and 2 children
- Imagine Nation Museum, Bristol
Admits 6 people to the museum at ½ price per person
- Maritime Aquarium at Norwalk
Provides $2.00 discount off a combination ticket to the aquarium and IMAX theater for up to 6 people
- Mark Twain House & Museum, Hartford
Purchase 1 adult admission and get 1 adult OR 2 children admitted free
- Mystic Aquarium, Mystic
Provides $5 discount off general admission for 4 people
- New Britain Museum of Art
Free admission for 4 people (one adult must accompany children under 16)
- New England Air Museum, Windsor Locks
Allows pass holder and up to (5) visitors 50% off the regular admission
- Norman Rockwell Museum, Stockbridge
Admission for 2 patrons at a discounted rate of $10 each. Children 5 and under are free. Pass also entitles user to a 10% discount in the Museum Store.
- State Parks and Forests, CT
Pass waives vehicle entrance fees for one private passenger vehicle carrying fewer than 12 passengers. Valid for 2 adults & 4 children at Dinosaur, Fort Trumbull and Gillette Castle State Parks
- Wadsworth Athenaeum, Hartford
Free general admission for 2 adults and 2 children. Additional fee for special exhibits may be assessed/not covered by pass. Pass also provides a buy one, get one free film admission.
- White Memorial Conservation Center Nature Museum, Litchfield
Pass provides free admission to the Conservation Center Nature Museum for 2 adults and their children under 18 (no discounts for the store or campsites)
- Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History, New Haven
Discounted admission for up to 4 patrons. One adult must accompany children under 16
Learn something new today!
- Mango Languages
Mango Languages's PhD-created and linguist-approved software teaches real conversations in over 60 languages and makes it fun too! Free mobile apps, easy progress tracking and film based learning make it one of the most popular language learning programs.
- JobNow provides live interactive online help and online resources to guide you through the tasks to get a job. Get help with resume writing, interviewing, building skills, and more!
- LyndaKiosk provides access to over 2,000 online courses from a dedicated workstation in the library. Topics include business, CAD, design, software and web development.
Save Time. Ask a Librarian.
In-person, by telephone (860-673-9712) or e-mail, a qualified, professional reference staff is ready to help with all information requests, research papers and projects. The staff provides assistance and instruction on the use of online catalogs, information databases and the Internet, as well as
reader's advisory, book discussion programs and maintains the Library and Town websites.
The Library shares our online catalog with Library Connection, Inc., a network of over 30 libraries within Connecticut.
The Avon Public Library offers volunteer delivery services to Avon residents who are homebound, temporarily or permanently, because of illness, disability or advanced age. The patron must have a current Avon library card.
Residents may call the library at 860-673-9712 to register. Ask for the homebound service at the Reference Desk. A staff member will assist with the selection of materials, and will arrange a convenient time for delivery and/or pickup of library materials. All circulating library materials may be delivered - including books, music, magazines, audiobooks, DVDs, Blu-Rays, and large print books. The lending period is the normal loan time, but users may call the Library to renew items if they are not on reserve.
This service is also available by email at email@example.com. Please include name, address, telephone number and library barcode number from the back of your library card.
- Black & white, $.15 per page
- Color, $.50 per page
- Print from library computers or Wifi
- Black and white
- $.15 per page
- Pay by credit card
- Domestic: $1.75 for first page; $1.00 each additional page
- International: $3.95 for first page; $3.45 each additional page
- No charge
- Scan documents to email, USB drive, Google Drive, or smartphone
- Fits documents up to 11" x 17"