- This event has passed.
Mental Health First Aid: Training for Adults Who Work with Youth
Saturday, May 13 at 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
This program is designed for adult who work with children and teens.
Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to identify, understand and respond to signs of mental health and substance use challenges among adolescents ages 12-18. You’ll build skills and confidence you need to reach out and provide initial support to young people who are struggling. You’ll also learn how to help connect them to appropriate support.
AFTER THE COURSE, YOU’LL BE ABLE TO:
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of mental health challenges, including anxiety,
depression, eating disorders and attention deficit hyperactive disorder (ADHD).
• Recognize common signs and symptoms of substance use challenges.
• Understand how to interact with a young person in crisis.
• Know how to connect a young person with help.
• Better understand trauma, substance use, self-care and the impact of social media
This training will run from 9am-4pm (30 min. lunch break).
This training will be run by Justine Ginsberg, BSN, RN Justine is the Community Health Coordinator and Program Director – RGH for Farmington Valley Health District.
Please register; reminders will be sent out before the event.
Five people minimum; 30 people maximum. If we fill up, we will offer another session.