Avon Free Public Library – Strategic Plan 2023-2027
Welcoming our community to learn, create, gather, share, and enjoy.
We aspire to deliver outstanding services to benefit all residents of Avon and the surrounding region. Community feedback will help guide our efforts to provide responsive collections, programs, technology, and services, enhancing our role as the center of our community.
- Access: Welcome all to an inclusive environment that promotes safe, free, and convenient access to library services
- Service: Respect the traditional role of the library in addressing the diverse needs of our users
- Personal Growth: Promote the joy of reading and lifelong learning; enrich our community by connecting people with the world of ideas and information
- Innovation: Embrace the challenge of change and apply creative new ways to serve our community
- Responsibility: Better our community by providing resources and facilities that meet the needs of its individuals and organizations
- Excellence: Hire and cultivate staff who are knowledgeable, passionate, and committed to the role libraries play in individual lives and the community
1) Reach our community
- Communicate clearly, openly, and effectively
- Spread the word about our offerings
- Establish marketing and communication plans that include the utilization of emerging technologies.
- Increase public awareness of our library’s broad and diverse collection and service offerings beyond the traditional library collection.
- Reestablish brand recognition with the new library logo in all communications materials.
2) Nurture our community
- Improve access to free, curated collections, programs, and services
- Expand resources for in-person and online experiences
- Enhance access and discoverability of our collection.
- Add innovative and diverse formats and topics relevant to our local population.
- Actively listen to user feedback to provide a robust and relevant roster of programs and services.
3) Embrace our community
- Welcome all to enjoy resources that address their needs and interests
- Promote community awareness and celebration of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Take an active role in celebrating the diversity of our world through programming, collections and services.
- Advocate for equity within and beyond our community.
- Identify strategies to promote the positive impacts of inclusion.
4) Strengthen our community
- Build meaningful connections among patrons, partners, and underserved populations
- Create beneficial programs and events that address community needs
- Cultivate community connections through outreach and partnerships.
- Integrate these relationships into library services.
- Champion deeper connections among patrons through tools, programs and resources.